Sunday, March 1, 2009

the o-per-a

So, I went to Sac Opera's The Marriage of Figaro on Friday night. They did a spectactular job; the sets were beautiful, the costumes were beautiful and (most importantly) the voices were beautiful. But unfortunately for me, my contacts were not strong enough to read the supertitles without squinting. By the end it just wasn't worth it. Plus we were in the second tier and they all looked like tiny specks down there. But at least we could hear well. The friend that came along with me had never seen an opera before, so that was fun. "They don't have microphones!" was the comment. Anyway, it was a good opportunity to dress up, go out to dinner and visit the Sac Community Center. The quality was high enough that I recommend to you all that you should see an opera there. The next one is "La Boheme", another classic.

No comments:

Post a Comment