Saturday, March 21, 2009

Mom Day

I had a Mom day today. She graciously accepted my request to help me pick out frames for glasses thsi morning, and additionally suggested we hit some of the thrift stores in Woodland, which we love to do from time to time.... it's a hobby of ours. So we got an early start this morning (9:45) (what? that's early on a Saturday!!!) and spent some quality time at the glasses frame place picking out frames for yours truly. I was very happy with our picks: I got a pair of glasses with these intricate burgundy-colored frames in a very 70s retro hornrim shape with little gold flecks at the edges. I also got a pair of sunglasses in a deep pink / purple color with little palm trees and faux diamonds (yay for bling!) that were really big on my face and made me feel more like Reese Witherspoon in Legally Blonde than my first pink suit did. To top the morning off, I got to practice my Farsi with the pleasant glasses fitter, who was Persian. Amazingly, I understood everything he said.... in those two phrases he responded to me with.

Then we were off to Woodland for My Sister's Closet shopping, Pacos, and more thrift store shopping. My mom is great, for those of you who don't know her. She always points out "you don't need that" or "it's too small" or something like that, for like 90% of the stuff I try on, so when she approves of a sale I always know it's perfect! She treated at Paco's just as we were running out of steam.... the food gave us more energy so after that, we trudged through the big thrift store downtown. We also located the office where I'm interviewing on Monday, so I'll know where to go and how to get there.

All in all, this was a productive and fun day of shopping, and we got back in plenty of time for me to study some too. I love it when days are balanced like that: social time v alone time, fun time v study time. (Ok, ok, some studying is fun too.... but you know what I mean!) And Mom's even brave enough that when I told her about the chicken / onion / rice stew I made for dinner tonight she offered to eat some of it tomorrow night! :) So... looking forward to that.

that's all.

No comments:

Post a Comment