Sunday, March 29, 2009

Happy weekend

I'm happy at how my break went. Particularly, how this weekend went. I got a fair amount of homework done, just like I'd hoped. But in addition to that, I went swing dancing on Friday, garage saleing Saturday morning and played games with friends Saturday night.

Swing dancing was amazing. The first two times I went, there were not enough men and they were, for the most part, too young or too old. And in either direction, it's just inappropriate. The ones that seemed the right age were all too weird, too short, or had some other fatal flaw. But this Friday night? It was amazing! I danced with several different guys and most of them seemed quite normal. I didn't have to ask anyone to dance, not once, and amazingly enough, I remembered enough steps that I only stepped on a couple feet. I have to tell you, it feels very flattering to be asked to dance.

Garage saleing proved fruitful... I found a whole boxful of country CDs and bought five of them for 8 dollars, which I thought was a good deal. Then across the street from that sale was another sale, where they were giving away a porch lounge chair for free. I had only just decided I needed one of those last week, and here it was! Life is funny that way sometimes.

The only low point at the game night at E's was that U brought a huge chunk of cheese, which I am giving up for Lent. This is the second time he's done this! Last year we were watching Harry Potter as a group, and I was giving up chocolate for Lent. So what did U do? He brought a huge chunk of chocolate. Maybe for Lent next year I can give up dating... then perhaps he'll bring a chunk of eligible bachelor. :P

No comments:

Post a Comment