Tuesday, February 24, 2009

happiness is a productive day

More good things....

At 8 PM tonight I received from UPS the third piece of the new suit I just bought for the upcoming interview season. The bad part is that I am heavier than before and thus needed a new suit. The good part is that it's a wonderful, classic cut navy suit with both trousers and a skirt. It's beautiful, it was on sale and it's Ann Taylor, my all-time favorite for work clothes. Now I just have to decide whether black pumps will work or whether I need to buy some blue ones. A good friend of mine told me recently that navy blue connotes honesty... I like that idea.

Additionally, today was a really good, productive day, the type of day that makes me really happy to be alive. I worked out, I went grocery shopping and I studied for more than five hours. I have an appointment with my career counselor tomorrow morning for the first time since I decided on a specialty in law, and an appointment with my professor to discuss my last midterm exam. And tomorrow night marks the second Spanish Conversation Table that I organized at church (if you're in town and speak a little, it's at 6 PM at Davis Lutheran), which went swimmingly last month so I'm hoping it'll be just as good this time around too. Life is just good.

1 comment:

  1. I think black pumps look fine with a navy suit or a grey suit. It's the other way around (blue or grey or brown pumps with black suit) which doesn't work.

    I bought a new pair of shoes which I love, but they are brown and I am going to have to dye them black... I can only wear brown shoes with jeans or brown pants; they look really goofy with black pants. And I don't own enough shoes or clothing to have to match 'em up so carefully... Heh.

    ReplyDelete