Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Jesus DOES love me! yay.

Well, like I said the other day, I'm getting a little better at spotting God's hand (Hand?) in my life. Case in point was today.

I found out today that I will be recieving a grant, and not a measly one at that, to work at Legal Services of NorCal this summer. This means I will be working for 12-13 weeks at a legal non-profit helping those who cannot afford legal services. The crazy thing about all this is that I'm interested in immigration work, and when I told that to the first person I talked to at LSNC, the very first person, before even sending my resume and getting an interview, when I told that to her she told me that she had an immigration project that needed part time help with over the summer. I mean, is that amazing or what? The very first person I talk to on my very first job inquiry has the exact job I was looking for, to a T. And now I have a grant PAYING me to do the exact job I was looking for, to a T.

So I can't help but wonder... is God rewarding me for doing what I said I would do when I applied to law school, doing public interest nonprofit work? Because it seems to me this was all so amazingly easy, so simple, that He had to have stuck His oar in a little to roll those snake eyes just for me (if you'll let me mix my metaphors). How else could the first phone call I made have turned out to be the last one necessary? No, I firmly believe that He is pleased with me choosing non-profit work and wanted to make my search easier because of that. And btw, thank all of you for your prayers about this... obviously, they worked.

I am so excited for summer to begin, I almost don't mind that I only get four days off. Wheeee!

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations, Naomi! Sounds like a great fit, I'll bet you will enjoy this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Naomi, do you remember Seth? If you read this, it sounds as if he has made his dreams become reality.

    http://www.nybaroquedance.org/htmls/people-dancer8.html

    ReplyDelete