Sunday, April 5, 2009

God's hand

Well, in little and big ways, these days I can usually feel the presence of God within my life. Some days He provides me with a DVD at a thrift store that I had thought about getting the week previous. Sometimes He provides me with the perfect job. Tonight, He gently chided me for ditching out on the Palm Sunday service by making every entree at the potluck tonight contain cheese.

A little background: I gave up chocolate last year for Lent, I gave up cheese this Lent, and I was planning to go to the potluck but ditch out on the service afterwards. So... God smiled and presented me with the simple conundrum: I could eat the free food and break my promise to Him in front of all my friends who know I'm giving up cheese for Lent, or I could make my sacrifice a little more meaningful by declining to eat at all. I'm happy to say that I chose the latter. Oh, how I love Easter... Now excuse me, I'm going to go eat some parmesan-less spaghetti.

No comments:

Post a Comment