Thursday, November 5, 2009

school, illness and baby, but baby isn't sick

aaaaah! I'm behind one day in the month of writing, so today I'll have to put up two articles (hopefully on different subjects?). Since it was school and illness that kept me from writing yesterday, maybe I'll make them the subjects. School, when I can make it there, is going well. I love my classes this semester, and just when I think I can't load more studying on, I get a reprieve. For instance, one of my classes this week had no homework, as one class was cancelled and we're watching and discussing a movie in the other. This happened just as the rest of my classes were almost catching up with me and me not being able to do them all. Now I am happily catching up.

Illness is never interesting until you get to be 80 and then it becomes a game every week: Who's The Elderly Person with the MOST Aches and Pains??? I would certainly lose, because although I have felt under the weather sporadically recently, I have developed no cold, no flu and definitely no pigs-can-fly illness either. And now that I write this down (where is wood when I need to knock on it??), I shall develop all three. Such is life.

In other news, I have been holding a baby without breaking it successfully! I keep thinking that if I hold it too long it will squirm, and if it squirms I will drop it... but considering that it's only 6 pounds, it's pretty simple to engulf it in my arms and not let it go anywhere. We'll see what happens when it gets bigger.

Back to school again: I have figured out my schedule for studying for my three exams, but I have yet to figure out a good way to stick writing my paper in there. And preparing for trial (fake trial for class, not a real one yet). (Although I do love to tell people, "I am getting ready for my closing arguments today"....) Anybody have some good time-management tips for me?

Blog 1 of 2 ended. Blog 2 to come.

1 comment: