Tuesday, November 17, 2009

music for the season

Watermelon Music is a fun place to be. I wandered in there the other day with friends (we were waiting for a movie to start) and instantly found two books of arrangements of musicals, my typical Watermelon fare. Then, after buying them, I realized they have holiday music on sale, including clarinet music with accompaniment. It's addicting to learn a new instrument... so much to explore, so much to try. I was good and stuck to my two musicals (today, Billy Joel's Movin' Out and Nunsense), but now I know where the clarinet arrangements are... :P Of course, with the musicians we have at church, it's quite likely that now that E has found his clarinet, we can just play straight out of the hymnal as a clarinet duo, playing the alto and soprano lines. Either way, I'm looking forward to playing the clarinet more often in church. It's been simpler for me to learn than other instruments like brass or flutes. I just need to branch out from pieces written in B flat... :P

No comments:

Post a Comment